"You are so much alone with him as if you were the only being He had ever created. When Christ died, He died for you individually just as if you had been the only man in the world." -C.S. Lewis

Friday, October 11, 2013

Week 1- Luggage less and happy! 

     Sacramento to Salt Lake City, and hour and a half flight, you think they would be able to get your luggage there with you, but nope!!! not a chance!! Not when Satan is around and trying to destroy your mission! kidding. but seriously Satan doesn't stand a chance, cause i'm happy anyways.  I arrived to the MTC with no bags which was kinda nice, got all my stuff, then went straight to class where the teacher only spoke to me in Spanish! Yeah I hardly knew what was going on. After class we had a meeting with the MTC presidency and all the new missionaries. WE sang Called to Serve and it was the first time I've cried since saying goodbye to my family! Well I didn't really cry I was holding back tears as to not look like a newbie. but I was just so overwhelmed by the spirit!!!! I'm overwhelmed by the spirit all the time!!!! I didn't know it was possible to feel this happy. My whole being, every atom, every fiber is complete, whole and perfect. One of the presidency said it is no coincidence you are here on this day on October 9th. You have been preparing for this moment since the pre-mortal existence. You are important and your work is important. You are supposed to be here. What comforting and incredible words. We have lots of language class and workshops.  The other day one of the teachers came up to me after class which I had made a comment in and he said to me you could be teaching this class, you've got it. haha. So I'm the kid that everyone hates and obviously the Monica of the MTC (Monica from Friends).  I'm just kidding. I just always feel so prompted by the spirit to say something.  The other missionaries are so wonderful as well, someone is always saying something so profound and mind opening. My companion is awesome! We are very different and its great.  She is very organized and a diligent student and I'm just in lala land so happy and crying about how beautiful the earth is and just want to sit and read inspiration quotes and talk about how much I love Love and she is like Hermana get it together we need to study our Spanish vocab. So she is god for me and I'm teaching her all about the proper intake of water and healthy eating habits! I'm gunna change her life. Just kidding. She says she is always sick and I'm like perfect I have every holistic remedy you'll need. Waking up at 5:30 am is a doozy, but I'm doing it for the Lord. If we are obident we will receive blessings but if we are obedient with EXACTNESS we will see miracles. I already see the miracles.  The MTC is all abut learning your purpose as a missionary.  Our purpose is to love!!! Its incredible what we are learning, you think you love people then you come here and realize we don't love fully the way we should or are capable of.  They put different people in front of you here at the MTC, put you in hard situations and teach you to love UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  That is the way we should love.  As missionaries we are here to invite and help others come unto Christ and you can't do that if you don't love someone COMPLETELY. and you can't fake this kind of love. Trust me. You'll be happy to know my bags did eventually come! After I had worn the same clothes for a totally of 60 hours of course! So my first night at the MTC I wore a strangers clothes, slept in stale dorm sheets, couldn't talk to any of my loved ones and had none of my things, but I was completely happy.  I did not feel sorry for myself or anger at my circumstance.  The lord will provide. He is real and loves us. Have faith and always press forward. 

It's Official....I got my Missionary Badge
 I still have a ways to travel
 Got my Luggage
 My Roomate; Hermana Cedon
 My First Companion - Hermana Diaz


1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you were all so happy to get this! Yay for being in the Provo MTC! She is awesome.

    ReplyDelete