"You are so much alone with him as if you were the only being He had ever created. When Christ died, He died for you individually just as if you had been the only man in the world." -C.S. Lewis

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Week 14 - The One With All the Breakups.

This cambio has been crazy! I have to show my companion around and introduce her to everyone so i have to use a lot more Spanish but it is great! my companion is from Peru and has so much love. It is her last month on the mission so its two very different perspectives! She has been having a hard time dealing with the thought of leaving, but i try my best to uplift her. It seems I'm always giving her pep talks and making her breakfast and trying to make this cambio as fun as possible for her. We laugh a lot, and she laughs a lot at my Spanish. The other day i read a scripture in English and she said, wow its really beautiful to hear you speak English, you sound intelligent. hahahaha Wow thanks! but the Spanish is coming. Sometimes in the mornings when i am tired i forget they don't speak English and accidentally speak to them in English.  Their faces get really funny. Its fun though because sometimes if they get frustrated with my Spanish I just speak in English to them. And i have this fun song i sing in English and its just all my thoughts and no one even knows. its a hoot. My companion is very touchy and lovey and well that's never been one of my strong suits. so it was hard for us in the beginning, but she loves when I sing to her in English, so i always sing Lead, Kindly Light in the streets to her.

The work is hard here, missionary work is like dating. I remember the first time an investigator called and broke up with us. He called and said I'm sorry i wasted your time i can't do this anymore, and then hung up. And the other day we went to an investigators house and she told us she couldn't take the lessons anymore because her husband wouldn't allow her to (symbolizing another man) and well every Sunday we get stood up at church. But my all time favorite is when they send there kid to the door to tell us they are gone or sleeping. And we say did they tell you they were sleeping or are they asleep, and without fail they say they told me. haha. But we knock and we knock and we share the gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone we meet. I have so much love for these people. Its hard for me when they close the door on the words of the Lord. Your salvation is knocking. But I'd knock forever, get made fun of, yelled at and ignored every day of my life for the lord. This work truly is amazing and honestly really fun.
With all my love,

Hermana Ellison

sweet girl 

They feed us so much food!



No comments:

Post a Comment