"You are so much alone with him as if you were the only being He had ever created. When Christ died, He died for you individually just as if you had been the only man in the world." -C.S. Lewis

Monday, April 14, 2014

WEEK 27 - The One with Mistakes

  I'll let you in on a little secret, I am incredibly hard on myself. And I know it and Satan knows it. He knows that I have a testimony. He knows that I don't have fear to talk to people, or knock on a door or invite someone to be baptized, but he knows that if I make a mistake, if I do something wrong, it can hinder my development and my work a great deal. So I've been trying to figure out how to cope with it, because as I'm sure you know every email I send is about self mastery, obedience, control, being better everyday! and in reality that is what I want. I want to live so close in the light of Christ. I want his will to be mine, but I have to accept the reality that I'm going to make mistakes! and for me this is a reality that I never wanted to come to the conclusion of.  But something amazing happened. Once I came to this reality I realized I wasn't the first. The scriptures and the atonement all of the sudden had a whole new meaning! I was reading in the scriptures and wow I'm not the first one to make a mistake! Nefi, Alma the younger, Enos; Who felt so bad for his mistakes prayed day and night for forgiveness! And not only that, their stories are there in the Book of Mormon for the whole world to see!
      I was reading a talk by Henry B. Erying and he said he had an assignment to talk with other church orginizations and he was so nervous, so he called Presdient Gordon B. Hinkley and all he said was, "use your best judgment." How many times have we felt like that, that we are inadequete and can't do it, so we call for help, and what do our leaders or the Lord say, "use your best judgment".  I trust you! The lord Knows we are not perfect. Erying then continues to say that he prayed all night for what to say, what to do, that he was so inadequete, he says that the lord answered with an almost rebuke, "forget yourself, and pray for the people you want to serve." Wow not only can we relate this to ourselves, but I am so grateful that this general authority, this man of much wisdom, made a mistake and wasn't afriad to share it with us, wasn't afraid to share his consejo from the lord. I'm so grateful for the leaders and examples in the scriptures. The lord knows I'm not perfect but I will continue to press forward, I will not be afraid of my mistakes. I will share and lift others and most importantly I will forget about myself!
    The pain of failure, the pain of rejection only lasts for a small moment and only comes because we are thinking of ourselves.
     I'm grateful for the Lords area, the lords work and the lords miracle, that are always according to our own faith! Every miracle in the scripture done by Christ is followed by, because of your faith...
    Oh how I love my Savior.  There is no one who knows me better and there is no one I want to know better.

    Hermana Ellison
 
6 month mark

Gifts from Home

Slippers for all

Hermanas new Slippers

Slippers or cheetah ears?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment