"You are so much alone with him as if you were the only being He had ever created. When Christ died, He died for you individually just as if you had been the only man in the world." -C.S. Lewis

Monday, July 21, 2014

WEEK 42 - The One with My light and My Rocks

My companion and I continue to see miracles and are trying to improve each day. We made a goal to try to talk more openly so we can find ways that we can improve together. I'm all about the progression, we have to keep changing, keep progressing like you always say. I feel the Lord has so much potential for me and I have to be humble so I can change into what he knows I can be. We made a goal to not only read the missionary manual but to study it and really apply it to our hearts. This Sunday all of the recent converts that are in our area came to Church and re-committed their convents! As they always do :) and what an example they are too me. It was such a blessing to see them all sitting there.
   We had a miracle and a less active person who we have been working with. Who started out our journey with us, not wanting anything to do with the missionaries! We went to her house and she said I don't want anything to do with the church and I don't want to talk to you! She pretty much yelled at us, but great!! I don't really know Spanish still! so I said! great! We just want to talk. We are going to come help you cook! She said fine.. miracles at 5.  So we said great well just help you peel onions, so we did and we ended up talking about the Plan of Salvation and this Sunday she came back to church with her two kids! What a blessing.
And then another less active that we started working with has been a great inspiration to us and is reading the Book of Mormon with us and helped us teach a lesson! She shared her testimony and it was beautiful.

    The dogs are getting kinda crazy, they bit my companion twice! As for me I carry my rocks in my hand to defend myself and at night... I have to use our little phone in one hand for light and my rocks in the other hand cause they all come out at night. But the Lord is my light and my rock... so perfect :)


Hermana Ellison 

Baptism

Service peeling onions 

No comments:

Post a Comment