"You are so much alone with him as if you were the only being He had ever created. When Christ died, He died for you individually just as if you had been the only man in the world." -C.S. Lewis

Monday, April 13, 2015

The One Where She Returned

While the 18 month journey has now come to an end, I wanted to let everyone know who followed Elise's journey along the way; that we appreciate you so much.  The kind words, the prayers and thoughts of others toward our daughter and our family has been wonderful.  We loved having a missionary out in the world serving unconditionally.  We feel we were blessed greatly in so many ways.

Both Sheryl and I were both so happy to see her come down the escalator last Friday.  The anticipation of that day and then the 45 minutes we waited at the airport was truly a wonderful feeling.  Lots of emotion of tears was shed when she turned that corner and came into sight.  Hugging your child after 18 months was wonderful; but more than that I was appreciative that my Heavenly Father was kind enough to bring her home safely.  I learned one important lesson on her mission; that we are all His children and as parents, we are in charge of taking care of His children.  It gave me a warm feeling to know how much He must care for all of us.  I Love being a father and I love my family here on earth.  I love my Savior and thank my Heavenly Father for the Gift he has given all of us...The Atonement of Jesus Christ.

If any of you would like to know more about the spirit that has been felt over these last 18 months; please reach out to us and ask.  We would love to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with you and your family.  The plan of Happiness is real and it is available to everyone that wants it.

Elise's Father....Ryan Ellison






















No comments:

Post a Comment