"You are so much alone with him as if you were the only being He had ever created. When Christ died, He died for you individually just as if you had been the only man in the world." -C.S. Lewis

Monday, March 30, 2015

WEEK 78 - The One with the First Vision


   Every time a week goes by I have less and less to say, but my heart changes and grows every time. I feel like a person of very small words but with very big actions... And that has made all the difference. The other day I was in a taxi and we were talking to the taxi driver and we were talking about life and the gospel and how they go together. We arrived at our destination and he asked, "But there are so many churches, how can we know which one is true?" without even thinking I immediatly starting telling him about Joseph Smith and his expereicene as a young boy and he had that same question. I told him what he decided to do was read in the bible, where he found in James 1:5 "if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, and it shall be given unto him." I told him how he then decided to ask of God, so he went to a quite near by wooden area where he could in peace, pray to the almighty God and ask him which of the churches was of him. Then all the sudden the words came out of my mouth as if they were mine own, this taxi driver could hardly even look me in the eyes as if he already knew the words I would speak were true, I said in Spanish,... "And this is what Joseph descirbes, ¨"I saw a pillar of light, directly above my head, above the brightness of the sun. The light gradually descended until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me, I saw two persongages, standing above me. One of them spoke unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other; This is my beloved son, HEAR HIM." " Then I shared with him the truth that this young boy Joseph saw, God the Father and the son Jesus Christ. And the Savior spoke unto him and told him that none of he churches were correct, but that they were all in error and that the Lord needed to restore his church to the earth. I invited him to do as Joseph did and pray to the all knowing God and ask him if this was true and if The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was the true and restored church that the Lord has brought back to the earth. He looked at me and said, "That's what I need to do."

   I know that this is what we all need to do. If we have doubts and lack wisdom, we need to ask of God. To all those who read this blog and are not yet members of this beautiful Church of our redeemer, I invite you to get down on your knees and pray to your Father in Heaven and ask him if these things are not true. I promise you that you he will reply in your hearts and I promise you that you will find a new life, a new joy and perspecitve that you have never had before. It changed my life forever. To those of you who are members and doubt these simple truths I invite you as well to get down on your knees to pray to God and ask him to soften your hearts to understand these truths once again, and he will tell you in your hearts what you need to do to come back to him more fully. To those of you that are members and are firm in the faith, I invite you to share what you know!! You never know who is ready to here this sweet message and I promise you, There is always time to share the gospel.

 

Hermana Ellison
 
PS....  I almost forgot...a dog peed on my companion yesterday...it was so funny!!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment